Follow Me

Monday, November 14, 2011

Harvest Time

It's just about the middle of November and I lost half of that time.  I spent most of last week home from work sick with some yucky bacterial thing.  Went to the doctor and got those good meds and finally feeling almost human again.  I decided to use one of the images I sent out in the November Monthly Challenge kit to make a Fall themed card this week.  Isn't this little guy just the cutest thing ever.
I had a fun time working with him.  The stamp is Mimo Scarecrow from Bildmalarna.  They are a stamp company out of Sweden.  I started out using my Copics to color the image on GP White and matted it on SU Creamy Caramel.  Again I just love SU Marina Mist and I used that for the base card.  Part of my kit was the piece of SU Sage Shadow which I embossed using a Cuttlebug edge embossing folder - A2 Organic.  After layering that on the base, I used a piece of double-stitched brown felt ribbon across the bottom and then layered that matted image on top of that.  You may not be able to see if clearly, but the left side of the ribbon is looped rather than just straight across.  The leaves are from Recollections and the button is from a Tim Holtz collection.  I love his embellishments.

The Copics I used were B91, B93, B95, B0000; E13, E15, E17, E18, E21, E23, E25; Y04, Y13, Y18, Y19; YR14, YR23, YR24, YR31; YG03, YG05, YG11, W3, W5, and W6.

Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate all your comments.  Have a wonderful day.

8 comments:

  1. Yep, I fell in love with him. I think all of us in the group did. Thanks for sharing him with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I saw you used this image on the other card~ Good image can be used all the time! I am glad that you feel better now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope RoRo, haven't used him before. He's great though. One of the others in my group may have posted one with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's adorable Maggie, I would love to learn how to do shading. You do it so well and here on his jeans and shirt. I love the texture on that side piece. I believe I have some of those leaves, my neighbor gave me some, they are prima leaves or something, I used them last night on a pumpkin I made. Love those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little scarecrow! and I love the embossing down the side. I just wanted to stop by and say hello! I live in Atascocita. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggieeeeeeeeee....I have missed you! Your adorable little scarecrow is just sweet as can be! The embossing and your coloring/shading is just perfect. Great card! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, how adorable is he?! This all worked so perfectly together Maggie! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!