Follow Me

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Flower for You - PSC18

Funny how those Wednesdays just keep rolling around every week.  ;)  Which means it's time for another Perfect Sentiments Challenge.  With Valentine's Day right around the corner, our theme this week is Inspired by LoveThe challenge is to create a card with a sentiment that lets someone know you "love them".  Sentiment must be on the front of the card.  This does not have to be for Valentine's Day.  The twist is to use this picture for inspiration.



Isn't this a beautiful setting.  I love the colors.  It gives a promise of Spring which is right around the corner.  Here is my card creation.


My image is Eline's Flowergirlz from Marianne Designs which I stamped with Memento Black on Copic Blending paper.  I've started using a heavier weight white cardstock for my base cards from Gina K Designs, the 120#.  It feels so much sturdier.  The paper I used is from Basic Gray Bittersweet paper pad collection.  The sentiment is from SU Fancy Flexible Phrases which I stamped using SU Melon Mambo on a little scrap of SU Whisper White and punched with a small oval punch and I popped it up using some dimensionals.  The bling is from Recollections.

I used my Copic markers to color the image:  B0000; G14, G17, G19; E50, E51, E53; R32, R35, R37, R39; R81; Y02, Y06, Y15; YR23; W5, W6, and W7.

Now that you've seen my creation, hop on over to Perfect Sentiments Challenge and see what the rest of the fabulous Design Team has come up with.

          Jenn ~ http://www.jennipherlowery.com/
          Abby ~ http://scrappin-abby.blogspot.com/
          Ashley ~ http://especiallymade.blogspot.com/ 
          Jessica ~ http://www.kissinkrafts.blogspot.com/
          Sassy ~ http://sassymoments.blogspot.com/
          Theresa ~ http://www.stampingcritique.typepad.com/

 Then come play along with us.  You could win a prize.  Our sponsor this week is Shelly's Images and the prize is one free digital image.  I've checked out her store and the images are really cute.  I even ended up buying three for myself.


Check out her store.  She has some adorable images over there.

Wait....keep reading. There is more to win...

We are still a fairly new challenge blog; just in our second term and the team and we would love to see the participation grow. The most participants we have ever had on any one challenge was 15. So this week Jennipher is upping the stakes, so to speak! If we get 20 or more participants this week she will give away one free Christmas Digi for every 5 players up to a max of 10 winners. Winners will be chosen via random.org and digis will be from the selection she has  linked to. Good luck and tell all your friends!!
I am also entering this for the MFTWSC56 sketch challenge from My Favorite Things Weekly Stamp Club, Sentimental Sundays and Stampin' Sisters in Christ.

Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate all your comments.  Til next time, hope you have a wonderful day.


14 comments:

  1. Oh Maggie - this is so cute! I love how all coordinates, the image, the paper, and I see where your inspiration came from. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet, love how everything flows in same tones and is so balanced...

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous coloring and love the image you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what cute card that little girl on the front is really sweet. nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card Maggie...love the bling & the cute image :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You use the cutest images on your cards!! The bling is a fun touch and your coloring is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's a lot of copics!! You always put so much work and detail into your creations Maggie!! I love that about you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sweet card, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by Sandee and becoming a Follower all the way from the great state of Texas!

      Delete
  9. Love the image and your coloring is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Maggie - your card is adorable - I love the colours you have used, they are like a touch of summer! Love the bling too! Love it - thank you for joining us for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge - it is always lovely to see you! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda for stopping by and leaving a comment. I plan to keep an eye on your challenges.

      Delete
  11. Love the DP combination. LO almost has a criss-cross card effect. Cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!