Follow Me

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sympathy in Purple - PSC21

Happy Wednesday!  What a fun challenge we have this week at Perfect Sentiments Challenge.  The Design Team had a Round Robin Die Cut Exchange which meant that from the list, we each received a variety of die cuts from one of the other DT members and then sent our selection of die cuts to another DT Member. one.  It was a challenge trying to figure out what to send and I was pleasantly surprised when I got my package from Theresa with a ton of punches and die cuts of such variety.  Then we had to use at least one of the die cuts we received on the front of the card we were making for this weeks' challenge.  It was hard to decide, but my favorite color is PURPLE so I went with that one.  Here is the card that I fashioned.
Isn't that a gorgeous die cut!  The image is from Gina K Designs - Baskets of Happiness, which is stamped with Tuxedo Memento Black on Copic Blending Paper.  The sentiment is from Stampin Up - Close as a Memory.

The cardstock base is SU Lavendar Lace and the sentiment is stamped with Lovely Lilac on GP White and layered on SU Concord Crush.  The die cut looks like it was also cut from Concord Crush.  The pattern paper is also from Gina K Designs - Wisteria Lane (love this).  The ribbon is from my stash and I glued a little purple flower which comes from Modern Romance in the middle of it.

I colored the image with my Copics - E00, E27, E29; BV0000, BV11, BV13, BV17; YG93, YG95; RV99; YR14, YR16, YR18, YR23.

Remember, the challenge is to make a card using a Die Cut on the front.  The Twist is you can use any sentiment you like on the card, but it must be on the front of the card.  The sponsor this week is -
The Perfect Sentiments Team 
 And the prize this week is 

Now that you've checked out my creation, pop on over to Perfect Sentiments and see what the rest of the Design Team has come up with this week.  Fabulous creations! And then get creating and join in the fun. 

Jan
Sassy
Abby
Ashley
Jessica
Sam
Theresa

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous die cut. Love your purples. Great card. Might have to play today while other things are drying. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Maggie!! You are definitely a lover of purple!! The image on this is gorgeous and I really enjoy the layout of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did a wonderful job on this card love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely....you did a wonderful job!!! You know your purples!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so vvvery pretty, I love that die cut it is amazing, the ribbon treatment is so eye catching...the patterns compliment each other... Wow Wow Wow...awesome ness... : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie you did a great job designing around your diecut. It is really beautiful and I also like purple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do LOVE that die cut! It really makes your card POP! I like the colors too....TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!