Follow Me

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Tossa for Colleen

Happy April Fool's Day!   Don't worry, none of my post is an April Fool's joke.  ;)  I'm told though that my grandson happily played some tricks on his mom and dad and his big sister this morning.  I'm sure that big sister figured out some way to pay him back.

On to my card.  Last week on The Outlawz site, we were told that it was Colleen Holmes birthday.  If you don't know, she is the creator of The Outlawz.  In order to honor her, it was suggested that for the Greeting Card Monday challenge, we should CASE one of two cards selected that Colleen has created.  She does great work.  Here is one of the cards made by Colleen.
This is the card that I chose to CASE.  I just love the image and colors she used.  Here is my card.
The image I used is one that I've used before but seemed so right for this occasion.  It's Tossa Birthday from Bildmalarna.  I love their images.  It is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on XPress It Blending Paper.  The sentiment is Stampin Up Circle of Friendship.  I used a 1" punch to punch it out and then matted it with Stampin Up Pale Plum cardstock and used a 1 1/4" punch to punch it out.  After mounting the sentiment on the Pale Plum circle, I used my Deckle scissors to cut around the circle to give it a little texture.

I used Gina K Designs 120# cardstock for the base of the card.  The designer paper is Basic Gray Kioshi collection.  I used my Nestabilities Large Circle and Large Scallop Circle to cut out the image and the mat for the image, again using SU Pale Plum.  To finish it off, I used flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts - Cherry Blossoms and Asters and punched out the leaves using Martha Stewart's Leaf Branch punch.  This one will get a really good workout.  I use it quite often.  In the upper right corner I placed 4 Dew Drops.  I also added some Diamond Glaze on the cake icing.

 The Copic markers I used to color the image were:  B0000, B00, B01; C1, C2; E18, E30, E40, E41; E50, E51, E53; R01; R14, R24; V01, V04; Y02, Y06, Y15, Y17, Y18, Y19, YG03, and YG11.

I'm also submitting this for the Oozak.com April challenge - Anything Goes.

That's it.  Hope you like it.  Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comments.  I do appreciate all of them.

24 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty Maggie and a great CASE! Love all the flowers and the DP you used too. Lovely card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your gorgeous card Maggie.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, Maggie, and all of the embellishments add such a sweet touch to the overall look of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The image is adorable! I love the bright pastelly colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really sweet and pretty card Margaret! :)

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet card...Love your Tossa and the beautiful layout...lots of pretty details too...the whole ensamble is quite lovely ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Maggie, this is very well done. Super job on the case.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maggie, great CASE. Love all those flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooops. Sorry, Maggie. I wrote that I hope you Copic-certified soon, but I think you already are. :D

    Very cute card, and great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! No problem. I'm actually going to Intermediate Copics Certification class in May in Dallas. Can't wait!

      Delete
  11. Very pretty MAggie. I like all the pretty flowers and the BG Kioshi paper is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh another super sweet and pretty card, the lighter colors are perfect for SPRING... and as always, your coloring is so nice...

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is just beautiful, Maggie!! i love your paper choice and sweet little girl image ..this is superb!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a really cute card, I love the image! Thank you for letting me join your SCS blogging group. I look forward to reading more of your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Dana. So glad you decided to join us on the blogging group.

      Delete
  15. Cute card and great interpretation of Colleen's. I'll bet she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your CASE!! Your coloring is phenomenal! Adorable image! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet case of an amazing card! I love the images on both cards, and your coloring looks great! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty card Maggie. There are so many fun details you put into it..The flowers, the coloring the gloss on the icing of the cake..So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Maggie! What a cute creation!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us over Oozak's challenge blog!
    huggies
    anaRy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute card Maggie! The flowers are awesome and so well arranged.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Your card is amazing Maggie! I LOVE everything about it. FAB work my friend & TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!