Follow Me

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Fred Bear - Snow Bear - PSC59

Happy Wednesday!  Can you believe we are winding down the year over at Perfect Sentiments Challenge and this will be the last blog post for 2012.  I am so looking forward to the new year and new things - new stamps, new digi images, new paper, new layouts, new challenges.  It's going to be great!

Today's theme for this last 2012 challenge is Anything Goes With Christmas!  So you can make anything you want as long as it has a Christmas theme and Sentiment (on the front of the card).  Our delightful sponsor this week is Shelly's Images and Shelly will give our lucky random winner a free digi of her choice.
 This was a perfect challenge for me since I'm still working on my Christmas cards, but hope to get them written up and ready for mailing tomorrow night.  Here is what I came up with this week.

This is Fred Bear from My Favorite Things.  Isn't he so cute and having such a good time outside building his own Snowman Bear. 
Materials Used:
  • Image - My Favorite Things - Fred Bear-Snow Bear
  • Sentiment - From my stash
  • Cardstock - Stampin Up - Brocade Blue; Cherry Cobbler; Xpress It Blending Card
  • Design Paper - From my stash
  • Flowers  and Leaf - Prima
  • Accessories:  Nestabilities Large Oval Die to cut out the image and then I used my Magic Matter to make an even larger mat for the image to rest on. The rest of the accessories are all from my stash - ribbon, lace, hat pin, snowflake charm, baker's twine, and gold glitter brad.  I also used some Frosted Lace Stickles on the snowflakes coming down.
That's it!  Pretty simple this week.  I hope to have some more blog posts before the end of the year, but I'll take time for now to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


18 comments:

  1. Adorable card the image is so cute and I love the layout. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful,love the image and fabulous colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet and very cute, Maggie. Love the colourful papers you have used too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute image. Perfectly matched with the DPs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww this is a gem! I love Fred Bear! And your card is adorable! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love the charm on here and all the different DP!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo adorable. Love the image and the way you used the paper for the background. The squares remind me of a quilt pieced together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, this is darling! Love the little bear with his sweet snowbear. Good luck getting those cards out. I've been so busy working on mine I haven't sent any out yet. Just realized how close we are to Christmas. It always sneaks up on me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so darling! i love the sweet image and the colorful papers you used. Love the snowflake charm too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable image of Fred! You have made just a wonderful card with this darling image. All of your accents-flower, hat pin, etc.-are very nicely done. Such a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable image! Love the snowflakes you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know how I missed this... such a cute image Maggie! Love how you did the glittery snow and that is a gorgeous flower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fred is absolutely adorable building his own snow bear. talk about life imitating art. Wonderful job Maggie but then again i always love your cards

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh he is just so cute with his little snow bear! Such a cute card!
    xx Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Maggie! That image is so cute & your layout is great! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a cute card, and I just used the same SU! retired dsp on a card today too! GMTA :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet image. I love all of the extra details that you add to your cards. I always look forward to seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the DSP you used- and the fun image too. The flower is so pretty, and so is the ribbon with the twine and charm. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!