Follow Me

Friday, April 12, 2013

Life Happens - Love Helps - Teapot Tuesday

Yes, I know it's way past Tuesday, but I didn't have time earlier this week to get this card done.  The recipient is the MIL (mother-in-law) of the sister of a friend that I chat with and blog with. That seemed a bit confusing.

Her sister's MIL went in to have some small lesions removed from her neck and ended up with some 2nd degree burns on her face.  If you care to participate, you can get the mailing information here.You might also send up a prayer or two on her behalf that she has a speedy recovery.

I was told by my GF that she loves blue and green and flowers.  I kept it simple for easy mailing.
The stamp (yes, I actually used a stamp this time) is from an old, retired Stampin Up stamp set called Oh, So Lovely.  I have kept all the stamp sets I've purchased with long-stemmed flowers on them.  I just love them.  The sentiment is also from SU - Vintage Vogue.  The cardstock - SU Cool Caribbean and Xpress It Blending Card.  The designer paper - SU Sycamore Street.  The bling flourish is from Zva Creative.  I used my Copic markers to color in the image - BG000; BG02, BG10, BG11; G21, G24, G43.


15 comments:

  1. What a lovely card, I know that it will lift her spirits, that sentiment is perfect for the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card, the soft colors are so refreshing... I am sure it will carry much happiness ti her...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Maggie, and I too have that stamp - and love it!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty colors and I like the card design. I love the bling flourish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Those colors are so pretty together and I love the image as well. Fantastic job as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty- I love this card- the image is so pretty and I LOVE the DSP- what a sweet card for a lady who will certainly enjoy some TLC after - what sounds like- an awful unfortunate event!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Maggie, this is ever so lovely. So soft and warm - the colors are my absolutely fave color combination and this just made me smile! I'm going to CASE you on this one - thank you for making me smile just now with your card sentiment, AMEN, that is so true. Needed to hear that today most of all - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is such a beautiful card... sending tons of love and hugs to your friend and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is pretty! Love the soft colors and the pretty pattern of the paper. Always loved this set, too. The old stamps are still good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, I especially like that pretty blue. I am sure it will bring a smile to her face.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was very kind of you to make a card for a friend's relative. She is surely going to be cheered when she receives this lovely card. I especially enjoyed your coloring on the flowers, and the background papers were so pretty with those blues. The pearls sent this one right over the top. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like what you did with the papers and the jewels. The swirl of rhinestones echoes the pattern in the paper. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! I love the combo of dp's.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous. I love the design, the embellishment, the colours... everything is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!