Follow Me

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Summer Fairy - Simply Betty Stamps Fan Page Challenge

Wow!  It seems that I haven't posted anything in awhile.  Perfect Sentiments is on vacation the month of July and I really have been very busy with the house to take time to get something done.  I'm getting this one in just under the wire. It's due tomorrow.

The image is from Simply Betty Stamps.  It's a freebie that she gives to us with the understanding that we will use it for an entry into the Fan Page Challenge.  If you don't use it for the challenge, then you have to sit out the next month.  For this challenge, the idea was to make our own background for the image.  I used Stampin Up Groovy Guava, Kiwi Kiss, and Pool Party inks and sponges to create my background.  Just sponged around the image without any kind of pattern.

Here's my card.
Materials Used:
  • Image - Simply Betty Stamps - Summer Fairy
  • Sentiment -Lili of the Valley - Everyday Grungy Greetings
  • Cardstock - Stampin Up Pool Party and Wild Wasabi; Xpress It Blending Card
  • Designer Paper - Fancy Pants Designs - Summer's End
  • Ink - Stampin Up - Groovy Guava, Kiwi Kiss, and Pool Party
  • Accessories - Sponges; Nestabilities Labels Seventeen; Ribbon - Ribbon Boutique; Prima Flowers - Blue; Wild Orchid Crafts - Peach flowers; Martha Stewart Fir Branch punch; Bling from my stash; Stickles - Clear
  • Copic markers:  BG000, BG02, BG11; E00, E01, E11; R46; YG03, YG61, YG63; YR00, YR02, YR12
That's it for today.  Gotta go get this uploaded to the challenge blog and check out some other challenges out there.  Thanks for stopping by.

14 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a vision - what fun colors and an awesome fairy - she looks like she is having fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! Fab image and I like that fairy. Your layout, design and colours give it such a summery, happy feel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic sponging and I love the colors you used! So lovely.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Maggie - love the colours you have used!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fairy! Love the color combo you used and the image is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, great background and lovely colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous image, expertly colored! Love those colors together, fresh and pretty. Those flowers and that ribbon are lovely embellishments. The sponging is a great background too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love the soft colors and the addition of the peach color really makes it pop! The flowers and ribbon- gorgeous accents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so light and airy, FAB card and colors..
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my goodness, what a pretty color combo! I'll really have to keep this one in mind. I love those pretty, sparkly wings. I'm having a "thing" with glitter lately, it seems. Such a sweet and feminine card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maggie, this is stunning! Love the flowers. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! I love how you did the background for your little fairy. It is so light and airy. Hope you enjoyed the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  13. maggie this is completely adorable, i love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!