Follow Me

Monday, June 27, 2016

Happy Birthday Dolly

Hi my friends and happy Monday!  I wanted to get this card posted last week, but other things got in the way and it never got done. Today I've been digging in the dirt and my fingernails are awful looking. I needed to repot some of my 4" size milkweed plants. I took 2 small ones and put them in a one-gallon pot. It was so hot and humid out that I could only stay outside for 1/2 hour and the mosquitoes were relentless.  Still have more to do, but they'll have to wait a few days. I have other things scheduled for the next couple of days.

Anyway, I wanted to get this other card on my blog.  It's the second image that I used from Jeanette's kit from Girls of the Baker's Dozen n/k/a Creative Card Chicks.  I had such fun with this image - I love her Whimsy hair. It was funny because I picked this designer paper because it had the dark purple color in it that I used for her coat, and then I went and covered it up with the image. LOL!  I still love it. It's been so long since I finished this and I didn't write down all the different things that I used, so I'll have to fill in some of it later.

Materials Used:
  •  Image - Whimsy Stamps - Dolly
  • Sentiment - Whiff of Joy
  • Cardstock - Stampin Up; Xpress It Blending Card
  • Designer Paper - Stampin Up
  • Ink - Tuxedo Memento Black
  • Accessories - Ribbon, Stampin Up; Flowers by Petaloo; Edge punch, Stampin Up 
  • Copic Markers - C1, C3, C5; BV01, BV08, BV13; E04, E50, E51, E53, E55, E57, E95; R22, Y13, Y15, Y28; YG91, YG93, YR61
That's it.  I'll be back on Thursday with something new and some fun news.  Stay tuned.

I'm submtting this card for the following challenges:
Craft-Dee-BowZ - Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow
Crafting From the Heart - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
The Outlawz Monday Challenge - Anything Goes with a Greeting
The Paper Nest Dolls - Anything Goes
Dragonfly Dreams - Say it With Flowers

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
The Corrosive Challenge - Lots of Layers
The Ribbon Girls - Any Image



7 comments:

  1. Oh Maggie this is adorable - love that image and how beautifully you have coloured her.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just a darling image and so fun with the paper! You always match up your colors just perfectly. It's such a happy card! I remember that kind of humidity when we lived in Missouri, but I was a kid (junior high age) and tolerated it better. These days I'm not good with heat and humidity at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling image. Love that the colors you used are in the DP. What a cute card.Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work. {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges} Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for entering the Ribbon Girl 'use any image' challenge Maggie with your pretty card - good luck!

    Anne x

    www.ribbongirl.co.uk
    www.learningtojive.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colors and coloring and cute image. Thanks for joining our challenge at Love To Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Maggie, your card is absolutely adorable! Love the way you colored the image... and the design is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet image Maggie- love your coloring and the flowers are the perfect detail to finish off your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!