Follow Me

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Challenge Your Stash March - So Sorry

Hi again. I've got another post for today that I'm late with. This was supposed to be posted back on March 28 for the Challenge Your Stash group on SCS. This challenge was given to us by Shelly aka mcschmidty. We were to make a sympathy card, with some green and 3 of something. March seemed to be a month full of sympathy cards and this has already been sent to a dear friend on the unexpected passing of her daughter from a viral infection which attacked her heart and she was gone. I hope this and the other experiences of my friends prompt us to keep our loved ones close and always remember to let them know of your love for them.

Materials used:
  • Image - Stampin Up - Corner Garden (I love this stamp)
  • Sentiment - Stampin Up - So Sorry
  • Cardstock - Xpress It Blending Card; Garden Green
  • Accessories - Enamel Dots; Nuo Dots
  • Copic Markers - B000, B12, B14; G12, G24, G43; G46; BV000, BV01, BV13; E37; R32, R43, R46; R81, R83, R85; Y15, Y18, Y19; YR61, YR65, YR68
That's it. I'll see you again soon.



7 comments:

  1. Maggie- I am so sorry for your loss and your friends heartache! She will be so touched by your beautiful gesture- this image is just beautiful- and your coloring is so soft and pretty! Beautiful job on the challenge : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear you had need for so many sympathy cards Maggie - but for all that, this is a fabulous card!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning card, Maggie! (((Hugs))) I am sorry for your friend's tragic loss of her daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie, my mouth dropped open, first at the beauty of your card. You've been keeping this gorgeous stamp in your stash? Exquisite, and it's also got that clean and simple look. I know all that coloring is not really simple, but the design is very CAS. Then, when I read your post about your friend's daughter I was stunned again. What a sudden and heart-wrenching loss and I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Maggie - such a sad loss for your friend - so young and tragic. I'm sure your lovely card will bring her some comfort. It's really quite spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie--your card is so pretty. I too am so sad for your friend on her daughter's loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely Sympathy card, and the corner floral treatment is so pretty & well done. I like the spring colors and always think this kind of color on a card such as this, is much more comforting than the traditional somber tones. I also like the sentiment too...says what needs to be said, without a lot of other things. I send condolences to your friend...it's so hard to lose a child. We don't expect to outlive our children. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!