Follow Me

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Blossom April Monthly Challenge

Hi my friends and Happy Sunday!

I hope that you're enjoying your day. Has Spring arrived yet? It came here and then departed. Our temps have been on the cooler side for us. I know some of you are thinking - Cool??  It's downright cold where I am!!  LOL! I'm sure. There  has been some wonky weather of late, but hopefully that will pass over soon and we'll get to the good stuff. I do have plants growing and flowers blooming, but so far not a butterfly in sight. I'm ready for them though with about 8 milkweed plants that are looking very appetizing - to a Monarch butterfly.

I finally have a card to share with you after finishing up my second semester of school. My third and last of this series of classes starts tomorrow (Creative Writing & English) and goes to the middle of July.  Maybe be the time it's done, I'll learn to like writing.

My card today is done for our Monthly Challenge group on Splitcoast Stampers - Creative Card Chicks. Each month one of the members sends out a kit to all the other members and we each get to make at least one card from the kit and share it with the rest of the group. This month it was Jeanette's turn to be hostess (Forest Ranger on SCS). She sent us this adorable image and sentiment. I just loved it even though I'm cat person.
The image is Blossom from Your Next Stamp. All the embellishments, papers (American Crafts), and ribbon came from the kit. I used Stampin Up Blushing Bride cardstock to mat everything and some gold Liquid Pearls to accent the flowers.

Copic Markers I used: B0000, B000, B00; E000, E00, E21, E23; G21, G24; R81, R83, R85; Y18

It really did remind me of Spring and brought some freshness and peace into a rather hectic time of my life.

6 comments:

  1. OMGOSH how cute, Maggie! You colored this to perfection! Love the bright beautiful papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maggie you have really made this image look fabulous - love your colouring and the way you have mounted the image.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie, my goodness... your coloring is awesome! And what an adorable card! THANK YOU for embracing my kit and making a sweet SWEET card with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talk about adorable! You know how I feel about dogs, but I love cats, birds, most critters, as well. Cute paper with this, and your coloring matched up beautifully. You've been so busy. It must take everything you've got just to keep up with work and school. It's a treat to see your card today, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the springy colors and you paired the DSP with it perfectly! Super Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfectly colored! This is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!